Backend Magento Developer
We’re an up-and-coming Digital Agency focused on becoming the industry leader in everything eCommerce. We’re looking for a Magento 2 Developer to help us pave the way and join us on our journey to the top.
An exciting opportunity
If you’re the kind of Developer who is excited about CI and Automated Testing and want the opportunity to push the industry boundaries to make what we are aiming for possible, then we want to talk to you.
You’ll have the opportunity to present new technologies, offer new ways of thinking within the team and work across a range of projects, keeping us (and our clients) at the top of the curve.
We’re looking for someone with an eye for detail, a passion for what they do and the drive to step to the next level of perfection in all they set their mind to. The right person will want to be at the forefront of our industry to deliver the very best results.
Who we are looking for.
Our success is built on the people we hire. We want someone with ambition and a bright mind. It’s not just about code, you’ll be involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle, from collaborating with the team on projects to having time to learn new technologies. We want to support you in your role and will provide feedback and guidance so you can produce your very best work and become an important member of the team.
- Magento 2 experience with PHP and modern frameworks.
- Understanding of development principles such as Software Development Patterns and Coding Standards.
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for what you do.
- Advance experience with package managers and version control.
- Strong desire to learn and share with others.
- Strong written, verbal and face-to-face communication.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Experience of the full software lifecycle.
- A Magento 2 Certification.
- Server administration or DevOps knowledge
- Experience with Magento’s GraphQL implementation
- Experience with Varnish, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch
- A passion for security
- Contribution to open source and community projects
- At least 1 year’s software development experience on an eCommerce platform
- Managing tasks and timelines for a development team, within a commercial environment.
Here at Aware Digital we realise the importance of a work-life balance and we don’t want you burning yourself out. That’s why our working week is only 35 hours with flexible start and finish times. You’ll get 28 days holiday, your birthday off and extra around Christmas, too. As well as that, for staying loyal we’ll give you an extra day holiday for every year worked* and we’ll enjoy team events throughout the year, too.
Although we do like the team to be together, we feel allowing the team to choose where they work makes us stronger. You’ll have the opportunity to work in our Stoke-On-Trent based office or remotely. There’s a laid back dress code in the office so you feel comfortable all day, every day. To ensure you’re equipped for the job, you’ll get a high specification MacBook Pro or similar if you prefer. Last but certainly not least, there’s always food and drink available in the office including unlimited brews and beers waiting in the fridge.
If this sounds like the place for you then get in touch and let’s have a chat about you becoming the next member of our growing team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
*max 10 additional days
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t be shy. Let’s talk.
Start your journey towards a better website. Our expert staff are happy to talk and answer your questions.